Sunday, June 20, 2010

Visiting T-Rinity Church!

Roar! This morning I rode into Manhattan to visit Trinity Church and see Alexander Hamilton's grave. I'm not worried about running into Hamilton's ghost because he's still off haunting the Burr family but, hopefully, I won't run into Charles BOOS while I'm in the graveyard! That would be so scary!
Here I am outside Trinity Church. It sure is a cool building!The original church was built in 1696 and the pirate, Captain Kidd, even lent the block and tackle from his ship to aid in the construction. What a nice guy!
Right inside the churchyard is the Trinity Root, a sculpture made out of the root of a giant sycamore that fell during the attack on the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001.
My key was supposed to open a padlock that let me into the churchyard but the gate was already open. I guess it's cool that I can lock the gate up if I want to but it kind of takes the excitement out of the location when anyone can walk into the churchyard.
Here I am at Alexander Hamilton's Grave.He was one of America's Founding Fathers and the first Secretary of the Treasury. He was also responsible for founding the U.S. Mint.  He also had a few more unsavory business deals like using the money he raised  for the Manhattan Water Company to set up the first Bank of New York.
I guess my key won't open every gate in the churchyard. Roar...

After leaving Trinity Church I headed further downtown to Battery Park where there was a huge commotion going on.
It turned out today was the Red Bull Air Race and there were stunt planes doing death-defying tricks above the harbor.
Here I am with one of the nice Red Bull girls. She sure was having a fun time at the Air Race!
 It was really hard to get a photo of the planes with my camera but I managed to snap this one here.

Today sure was a fun day! The churchyard was nice and it was cool to see the air race. Maybe next year I'll enter my own plane. It sure would be fun to be a pilot! Roar!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment