Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Building the Big Apple

Roar! Today was the grand opening of a brand new Lego store at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. This is the first Lego store in New York City so they're making a point to celebrate the opening with all sorts of Lego-related fanfare. Or should I say brick-fare? One of the things they're doing is building a giant Lego apple to celebrate New York. Any Lego fans could come by and help put it together so I went on over to Rockefeller Center to have fun playing with some Legos. 
Here is one of the big bins of red bricks they had to help build the big apple! Roar!
Everyone took the little bricks and made big bricks which were then used to put the apple together.
Here I am with the brick I built. 
Here is a pile of completed bricks waiting to be added to the apple.
Finally here is the under-construction apple! Woah it's so big! I'd love to take a big bite out it when it's done! I bet it tastes super plasticy! Roar!
They also had this cool sculpture garden people could contribute to. I decided to try my claws at building something.
Here is the sculpture of me that I built. I think it's a pretty good likeness! Roar!
Here I am in front of the sculpture I built. It sure looks good!
Inside the Lego store they also had some great sulptures built specifcally for the store. Here is an awesome sculpture of Atlas! Look at him hold up that brick globe! 
Here is a great looking Lego Prometheus! That means there are now two Prometheuses in Rockefeller Center! They sure love this guy here!
There is also this great mosaic. It reads, "Creativity and Imagination shall be the Stability of the Times." Those are words to live by if I've ever heard them! Next time you're in this part of the city be sure to stop by the Lego store and play with some bricks! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment