Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Trip to Cabinet Magazine!

Roar! This afternoon I decided to ride over to Gowanus and check out Cabinet Magazine, another one of the Key to the City destinations.
After riding down Union Street I came to the corner of Nevins where the office for Cabinet Magazine is. I'm not even going to begin to describe what type of magazine Cabinet is, just read their mission statement to find out. Roar! 
They have this strange box installed in a window in the alleyway next to the office. I can't imagine what will be inside. Probably something strange, I am in Gowanus after all!
Why, look at that, nothing is actually in the box. However, the back is a large speaker that was playing the song Forever Blowing Bubbles! What a great song. Roar!
I guess I'd better look up.
Well look at that! There is a bubble machine up in the corner of the window that starts blowing bubbles when you open the box. I hope those bubbles are non-toxic! Roar!
After leaving Cabinet Magazine I continued down Union Street to check out Gowanus Canal. Like Newtown creek, it's also an EPA Superfund site. The canal has had countless environmental problems through out its history, from being a dumping place for human waste to the run off site for industrial contaminates. According to the EPA the pollution in the canal is so bad the water is incapable of supporting life.
Wow, look at that water down there. It sure is one eerie canal! Roar!
There was even a NYC Condom wrapper floating in the canal. I'm glad to know someone out there is being safe! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment