Sunday, June 13, 2010

At the Big Apple BBQ!

Roar! Today was the annual Big Apple BBQ! That's the day when top pit masters from all over the country descend upon Madison Square Park to serve some of the best BBQ you'll ever have. I tried to win a fast pass through a contest which required me to write a BBQ themed haiku.  My haiku of

The fourth little pig
did not have any roast beef
for he was roast beast! 

was pretty clever but unfortunately it didn't win. Of course I still went to the Big Apple BBQ to have some delicious meat, but I wasn't able to have as much as I would have liked. 
Here I am down at Madison Square Park. There are tons of vendors here from all over, there is even live entertainment, but I'm just here for the meat! Roar! 
 Oh man! Look at all the delicious sausage! I think I'll order all of it!
Here I am at Black Jacks Pulled Pork stand. All of this pulled pork is for me? Why, thank you Mr. Black Jack! You certainly are a fine South Carolina gentleman, not to mention your pork is delicious! Roar! 
Here I am enjoying all the delicious pulled pork! Ug... after all that sausage and pork I'm feeling a little full. Maybe next year I should learn to pace myself a little better... roar...
As I headed home I passed by the Flatiron building on the corner of the park. It's crazy to think that not only was this once the tallest building in New York City but also the world. Nowadays we don't really think of it as a skyscraper (like the ones in the Skyscraper Museum) but this building was a marvel when it was built! It sure was fun visiting the BBQ and scarfing down meat in its shadow. Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment