Friday, June 11, 2010

My Sweet Tooth Takes Me to Eddie's Ice Cream

Roar! Today I decided to visit some more of the Key to the City destinations so I headed over to Eddie's Ice Cream Parlor in Forest Hills, Queens to check it out.
Here I am outside of Eddie's. The ice cream parlor is actually over a hundred years old though it has seen different owners over the years. They still make everything the old fashioned way which is great. I could really go for a classic ice cream soda. I haven't had one of those in ages! Roar!
Here is the soda I ordered. It's lime soda made with a scoop of homemade raspberry sherbet, then topped with Eddie's famous whipped cream. It was delicious! 
 Roar! I don't have any whipped cream on my nose, do I?
Besides giving me 20% off my soda my key also opened this mystery box! What's in the box?!
Why it looks like someone left a tip in the box, as well as a bunch of notes about how great the ice cream is. I left a sticker for people to check out. Roar!
Eddie's was a great place to come visit. The ice cream was fantastic and the atmosphere is charming. The staff were also incredibly friendly, they even stamped my passport to show I visited them. Next time you're in Forest Hills be sure to give Eddie's a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment