Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Summer Solstice Adventure: Evening

Roar! After leaving the concert I rode all the way down the rest of the West Side bike path to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Then I took the ferry across the harbor so I could continue on my way to my final destination on Staten Island.
I was feeling pretty dehydrated after all the riding I did all day. Luckily, I was passing by the old watering spot where early pioneers would stop to rest on their way across the island. What a perfect place for to hydrate! Roar!

After a cool, refreshing drink, I decided to take the Staten Island Railroad to very tip of the island to visit another Key to the City location.
Here I am in front of the Bayside Pavilion at Conference House Park. Situated at the very tip of Staten Island, it is both the southern and westernmost point in New York City.
It turned out my key opened this gate beneath the pavilion. I wonder what could be under there?
Underneath the pavilion there was a bunch of weird junk all over the place. There was also this box that I'm guessing was for people to leave messages in. It was empty except for some fishing line. I put a sticker up in it so people would know I had come by. Roar!
I also threw a sticker up on this column of the pavilion. Now I have the southern and westernmost graffiti in the city! Combined with my previous trips to Hillside Ave and 268th Street in Queens and College of Mount St. Vincent in the Bronx, I now have graffiti at all of the corners of New York City! I may have been all over this city before this but now I've officially gone ALL CITY! Roar!
It had been a long day and I was pretty tired but sitting on a bench and watching the sun set from the bayside pavilion couldn't have been a better end to my summer solstice adventure. Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment