Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Exploring Eastern Queens Part 1: Royal Flushing

Roar! Today I decided to head out to eastern Queens to check out another of the Key to City sites. But first I rode over towards Flushing to see what was happening in one of my favorite neighborhoods.
My first stop was over in Flushing Meadows Corona Park at the copyright-infringement-free Jurassic Playground. Roar!
The Jurassic Playground was so cool! Here I am hanging out with a Brontosaurus friend of mine. This reminds me of when I was hanging out with the snake in Gerritsen Beach. Roar!
There were all sorts of great little touches in the Jurassic, like this Stegosaurus shaped jungle gym.
There were even little fossils worked into the stones around the playground!
The rib cage of this plesiosaur was even turned into a water fixture. Actually, that one is a little bit creepy. Roar!
Here I am hanging out with the memory of some of my ancestors. Though these guys are a little bigger than I remember them being...
I left a contextually appropriate tag on this slide and continued on my way. ROAR!
Next, I passed this cool new skate park they put in by the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows park. The skate park is apparently a collection of famous skateboarding spots from all over New York City.  Let's see if anyone can do some sweet tricks!
WHOA! That was really amazing! That guy totally slid down that rail! I've never seen anything like that before. Roar!

Next, I left the park and headed over to Flushing Main Street.
After all that action I was feeling pretty hungry so I went and got a big box of delicious pork steam buns!
MMM!!! Oh man, these Pork buns are delicious! ROAR!
Next, I headed down main street where a local committee was out promoting recycling in order to help keep Flushing my favorite color: Green!
Mr. Met was even there to let everyone know how important recycling is. He's like Queens royalty. It sure was awesome to meet him.
Here I am doing my part to help keep Flushing green. Roar!
For recycling they gave me this sweet bag. I'm not sure but I think it might be a little big!

No comments:

Post a Comment