Monday, June 28, 2010

Museum Madness!

Roar! After a nice restful week I decided it was finally time to get back out there and visit some more of the Key to the City locations. So I moved on up to the east side to check out a couple of museums! The first place I went to was the Whitney, which I visited back during their Biennial. They were still installing new exhibits so I went right over to the coat check counter to see the mysterious box that my key would open.

I just love opening all these boxes! I wonder what's going to be inside this one!
 
Woah! It an architectural model of the new whitney museum being built downtown! I get to have a sneak peak of what it's going to look like!
Wow! The new museum looks like it's going to be a really cool building. I can't wait to see it in person! This sure was a great location to visit. I left a sticker on the lock and decided to head over to Fifth Avenue to visit another location in the Upper East Side.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art also had a Key to the City secret to discover! I wonder what it's going to be?
Hmm? My key grants me access to this music box. I wonder what will be inside this box?
Roar?! Turns out my key got me "free" admission to a museum that is already suggested donation. Lame! They also only put a limited number of buttons in the music box and don't bother to fill it back up when it runs out. Double lame! Plus this was the last day the Met's key site was open. They couldn't even offer "free" admission for the whole duration of the project. Triple lame! The Met is a wonderful museum but this is really just laziness on their part. They could have done something so much cooler.
Here I am wearing my "free" Met pin. I'm so glad today was a green pin day! It matches my skin so well! Roar!
Here I am in the nice little Chinese garden in the Asian Wing. It sure is a nice place to relax.
Here I am enjoying some more Chinese art. What's that guy in the red shirt staring at?!
Wow! The Greeks sure made these sculptures anatomically correct! Rawr!
This sure is one sweet future chair! I even like the color! It even matches my pin! Roar!
 
This is a really nice painting by Mondrian. Look at the balance between the lines and color. ROAR!
Roar! Mao Zedong sure has a dirty nose! Roar! 
Here is a great piece by Jackson Pollock. He used to get so drunk when he painted that he'd step on his empty liquor bottles and cut his feet up. Then as he walked over his canvas while he painted he would track blood all over his painting. I guess that's how he gets those distinct reds. 
 Roar! You know which side of the color spectrum I'm leaning to! 
This is such a great painting by Monet! I hope no royal-headwear-surnamed adulterers try to steal it in a movie! Roar!
Here I am in the Assyrian section. They have all these great wall carvings! It's just like being in an old temple! Roar!
 
They currently have this great exhibit on the roof of the Met where they built a giant bamboo walkway that you can climb around on! It's so neat! I definitely recommend checking it out! 
The other nice thing about the roof of the Met is it has a great view of Central Park and the Midtown skyline. What a perfect end to my day of Museum Madness!


2 comments:

  1. Who is the artist of the color spectrum painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (wizardcyprushacker@gmail.com)
    we can always help you with series of services that we renders;
    For Private Investigation &Hacking Services such as;
    -Finding out if your Spouse or Partner is cheating
    -Keeping Tabs on Employees or Doing Online Background Checks
    -Gaining Full Access To Any Mobile Device, Whatsapp, Email,Gps, Snapchat,instagram,facebook,kik,hangout,viber And Any Other Social Media Accounts
    -Accessing University Portals or Any Website
    He helps with the monitoring my employees
    contact (wizardcyprushacker@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete