Friday, May 28, 2010

Late Night at the Whitney!

Roar! The Whitney is celebrating its biennial this month and as part of the celebration the Museum is staying open 24 hours a day for three days. Best of all if you go after midnight it is suggested donation! So last night I went over to the Whitney to check out all the sweet art on display.
Here I am outside of the Whitney. They even changed the sign for the biennial. I wish it was open all night all the time! Roar!
I’m overlooking the Whitney’s garden. There is some sweet looking art down there!
Photography wasn’t allowed in the museum so I had to be quick to get a couple of shots. Unfortunately, I was too quick with this one and forgot to write down what it was! Roar.
Here is another quick photo. This one was on a bone cloth line that looked really neat! I love bones and fully understand the need to dry them! I wish the photo had come out better but I’ll guess you’ll just need to swing by the museum and see the exhibit for yourself.

There were a lot of other great things on display at the Whitney, including a ton of video art, some wild installations involving projectors, and, of course, the permanent collection. The Whitney is a great museum and is absolutely worth visiting. Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment