Thursday, July 22, 2010

T-Rex Goes to Court and Back to School Special!

Roar! One bourough I definitely haven't spent enough time in is the Bronx! I've only been here a couple of times before, once to visit the northernmost point in New York City and then again on my recent summer solstice adventure. In order to rectify this I decided to head up there to check out a few more of the Key to the City locations. Luckily for me two of them were close enough together that I could do them both in one day!
Here I am in front of the Bronx County Courthouse. I bet there are tons of important judicial decisions made here everyday! Maybe even some right now! Truthfully I don't know much about this stuff, it was a roar for a roar back in my day! Let's go inside and see!
The inside of the courthouse is like one big maze around a center room. The center conference room was super cool looking but unfortunately they wouldn't let any one inside. I guess that's where they keep the laws. Roar...
My key opened this suggestion box downstairs by the Department of Marriage. To get there I had to go down a very specific staircase and through a labyrinth of identical corridors. I even saw a minotaur, but he was just there for small claims court.
There was a ton of different notes in the box! Not many of them were suggestions though. There was even this sweet temporary tattoo and another sudoku! Someone up here in the Bronx sure loves sudoku! Roar!

Next I decided to head up to Public School 73. On my way up there I passed a couple of pieces of interesting street art.
Here I am in front of the McMural at the McDonalds over by the new Yankee stadium. I'm not really sure if I'm loving it. 
Wow! The folks at Micky D's up here sure are strict about their outside food policy! Roar!
On my way up to the school I passed this sweet mural too! Look at the cool parrot! I love birds!
Here I am in front of the display case at Public School 73! PS 73 is located in District 9 of the Bronx which is one of the poorest areas in the city. Maybe someone will make a movie about it someday! As for the display case, there sure are a bunch of cool looking things in it! Let's open it up and see what they are!
There was even this sweet envelope with notes from all of the students. Too bad it was empty, I would have really liked to hear what all the kids had to say! Roar...
I left this sweet motivational poster inside the display case for the kids. I sure hope they like it!

Wow! I had a lot of fun exploring the Bronx today! I can't wait to come back up here to do the rest of the Key to City locations. Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment