Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Visiting the Ca-T-dral of St. John the Divine

Roar! This afternoon I found myself up in the Upper West Side so I decided to stop by and visit the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, another of the Key to the City Locations. The cathedral is such a neat place and is the seat of the Bishop for the Epicopal Diocese of New York. 
They have this really amazing sculpture of Good overcoming Evil in the garden next to the cathedral. I hesitate to to say it but this sculpture is pretty... epic.
Here I am inside the cathedral. It's really somber and beautiful inside. I love all the stained glass! Now let's go see what my key opens!
My key opens this gate to the Baptismal Area. Hmm... let's go take a look inside.
Roar! There isn't any water in there! I guess there aren't any baptisms being performed today. This is a neat little area but I was disappointed to find that anyone could walk into the area by just going around through another room. Oh well, I guess every key location can't be completely exclusive!
I'm back outside the cathedral. It's such a beautiful building and a wonderful addition to the architecture of this area! Be sure to visit if you ever find yourself up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment