Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Visit to English Kills

Roar! Today I rode over to check out English Kills, an offshoot of Newtown Creek that runs into my neighborhood of Bushwick. It can be found at the end of the train tracks that cross Morgan Ave. It’s a pretty neat place visit even though it’s pretty polluted and a little bit shady.
Here I am on the bridge overlooking English Kills. There is a ton of sweet graffiti out here. I guess this is a really good spot to put up some art. Roar!
The train tracks are closed during the day, so I’m just going to enjoy all the scenery while I can.
Well, maybe not all the scenery. Roar!
Newtown Creek was recently declared a Superfund Site by the EPA. A lot of the pollution feeds into the creek from offshoots like English Kills. There was a story a while back about a great detergent leak under Bushwick. All the detergent leaked into English Kills so at least Bushwick is trying to help clean up the creek!
I threw up a sticker on this box. Maybe I’ll do some painting later as well. English kills is a pretty cool site. I definitely recommend checking it out if you’re walking down Morgan Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment