Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Down at the Arcade!

Roar! There is a great art exhibit over on Alan Street right now called the Deluxe Fluxx Arcade. It’s by Faile and Bast and it’s a graffiti inspired look at arcade culture from the 80’s. It s a really cool exhibit: basically they built a bunch of abstract art games into these old arcade cabinets that have been repainted in this great graffiti style. All the games have been designed by the artists and feature original music. It's a true multimedia exhibit! 
 Here I am outside the arcade on Alan Street.
Here is the inside of the arcade. Check out all these sweet games, I can’t wait to play them! Roar!
This game is called Heartbreak Brooklyn! With a name like that I'm all about it! Let’s check it out!
Oh no! She shot the head off that poor bunny! I just wanted to put it back in the box! Roar.
Here I am playing this nifty driving game where you spin the wheel to control a video that essentially looks like spin art. It’s a very cool concept.

Here I am playing this light gun game where you shoot tasty sheep! Boom!? Oh no! That sheep exploded, now I won’t be able to eat it! Roar!
Wow! Look at all these attractive ladies painted on the side of these arcade cabinets! It sure makes me want to play more games! Roar!
There was also this sweet black light back room with a painted foosball table. I love all the posters Faile and Bast made up for this room. It really is some incredible art! 
Woah, check out my pearly white teeth! They’re glowing in the black light! Roar!
Anyone care to play some foosball?

Overall, this is a pretty fun arcade and an amazing art exhibit! I appreciate any piece of art the forces its viewer to interact with it and Faile and Bast's Deluxe Fluxx Arcade succeeds at it brilliantly! I definitely recommend checking it out. Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment