Monday, January 18, 2010

T-Rex and the Sandman...

Roar! Saturday night was so cool! I went to got see a free concert of Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf that was performed by the Knickerbocker Chamber Orchestra and narrated by Neil Gaiman! It was so much fun! The performance was at the Winter Garden of the World Finacial Center which turned out to be a pretty unusual place to see a concert.
The Winter Garden has all these palm trees growing in the center. It was a strange sight to see! I guess when you're the World Financial Center you can put palm trees whereever you want. All those palm trees also made the accoustics for the concert really bad so they had to mike the entire orchestra and play the concert on speakers throughout the garden. The music they played before the concert was also really strange! It was Vangelis' score to Bladerunner. I hope it wasn't... time to die!
It was also really dark in the garden. I can barely read my pamphlet! Roar!
Finally the concert started. Since the concert was free seats were first come, first serve. I got there an hour early and still ended up near the back. You can see Neil on the left and the conductor of the orchestra on the right. Turns out he's Neil's cousin! Roar!

The performance was really good and Neil did a great job but seeing it made me want to make my own version of Prokofiev's story starring me and my friends. So we got together on Sunday and filmed the introuction to Peter and the Wolf. Evntually we'll make the rest of the story but I think the introduction gives a pretty clear idea of what it will be like. Roar!



No comments:

Post a Comment