Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wild Weekend Part Two: Friday

Roar! On Friday I continued my super busy weekend. It was the first day of the Metro Expo NY Stamp Show so I went up to the Holiday Inn on West 57th Street to check it out.

There were so many stamp dealers here! I'd never seen so many stamps before! It was really cool to dig through the history of all these different countries to see what I could find.


Woah! Check out these sweet dinosaur stamps I found! Roar!

After the stamp expo I headed over to the Museum of Modern Art for their new free Fridays program. They were having this exhibit of early Bauhuas which was great. Unfortunately pictures weren't allowed at the exhibit so I recommend going to check it out in person while it's still there.
The Bauhaus exhibit got me thinking about what Bauhaus animals might look like so I came up with this print. I call it Cowhaus. Roar!

Here I am hanging out in some of the art in the MoMA's permanent collection. This painting sure takes me back.

I thought this was a really great piece that truly got at the essence of "Chair." It's a picture of a chair, a chair, and the definition of "Chair." Though I feel the artist could have taken it one step farther and had a live video of everyone looking at the chair. That would have been great!

Woah, I better be careful not to go into the light again! Roar!

After the MoMA I headed over to the Carnegie Deli for a Giant Meat Knish! It was filled with a mix of ground pastrami, corned beef, and potato. It was so delicious! The perfect end to a fun Friday.

2 comments:

  1. You use every minute of weekends in such a productive yet joyful way to visit museums, exhibitions, parks, etc.!! Thank you for sharing all this with your readers like this!!

    Oh, I love Bauhaus and also Conceptual Art, I'm so glad to see Joseph Kosuth's work "One and Three Chairs (1965)" on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roar! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about my weekend!

    I love Bauhaus and conceptual art too! Sorry I couldn't take any pictures of the Bauhaus exhibit, you should definitely go check it out if you haven't yet! Roar!

    ReplyDelete