Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wild Weekend Part Four: Sunday

Roar! Sunday was also a lot of fun. Joe Koch who owns a warehouse full of comics in Brooklyn was having a huge sale this weekend. He called it the "Avalanche of Wonder." There were over a million comic books on sale and over a third of them cost less than a dollar. So I headed down to 41st street and 2nd Ave in Brooklyn to check it out.

The neighborhood in this area of Brooklyn is really crazy. It's nothing but warehouses and the pavement is coming up exposing the old cobblestone streets and trolley rails. It's a strange place for a comics sale.

Apparently the comics are this way!

Woah! Look at all these comics! This is so crazy I don't even know where to start!

Hmm... Claw. I like the sound of that.

The people at the comic sale were so nice. They helped me find some great dinosaur themed comics as well as some cool science fiction and adventure stories. Here are some of the dinosaur comics I got. I definitely suggest coming to check this place out if you like comics and live in New York City.

Oh no! It's an AVALANCHE... OF WONDER! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment