Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gracie Mansion, Patsy's Anniversary, and Keith Haring saves the day!

Roar! Today was so crazy! First, I went up to visit Gracie Mansion in the Upper East Side and visit my last Key to the City location in Manhattan. Then I went over to Patsy's Pizza on 117th Street to celebrate their anniversary. And then after that, the afternoon got a little weird but I'll get to that later.
Here I am in front of Gracie Mansion. It was originally the home of Archibald Gracie, a wealthy Revolutionary-era shipping magnate, who was later bankrupted in the War of 1812. The home then went through a bunch of different owners before becoming the property of the Parks Department where it now serves as the home for the Mayor of New York City. Though, strangely, Mayor Bloomberg chose not to live here, he decided to stay in his five story townhouse by Central Park. Go figure?
My key opened a closet in the master bedroom of the mansion. I wonder what will be inside?!
Why, it's a photo of Archibald Gracie and a framed check that he once issued! How fascinating! The rest of the tour of the mansion was also really cool. They have a lot of great Federal period furniture, portraits, and etchings. It was also cool to see all the books that Bloomberg is reading!

Gracie Mansion sure was cool but I was getting pretty hungry. Luckily for me Patsy's was celebrating its 77th anniversary!

Roar! Every year when Patsy's celebrates its anniversary it rolls its menu back to original 1933 prices. That means a whole pizza is 60 cents, a steak dinner is 90 cents, a Caesar salad is 35 cents, and drinks are 10 cents! That's crazy! 
There were even these sweet Ford Model A's out front. Some guys had driven them over to get their 1933-priced pizza. I like the way the color of the car complements my skin! Roar!
The firemen of the 26th Battalion showed up to take part in the annual Patsy's pizza eating contest. The record is apparently 14 slices. That's nothing for me! I tried to sign up to compete but the folks at Patsy's said it wouldn't be fair for a dinosaur to compete! Why does everyone say that when I want to enter an eating contest?!
After waiting in line for 4 hours I finally got inside to eat. I ordered mussels, an anchovy pizza, a Caesar salad, a tomato and mozzerella salad, a veal parmesan dinner, and 4 drinks! My total for everything came to just over 2 dollars! What a great deal! Next year I'll be sure to get here earlier!

After all that food I was feeling pretty stuffed but I could still go for some dessert.
Strangely, I ran into this bear who said he knew where I could get some dessert on the cheap!
Roar! Turns out he was trying to sell me drugs! Luckily we were right near the Crack is Wack Playground so I could set him straight!
Thanks Keith Haring! Because of you I was able to help get a poor lost bear back on track! What a strange end to a strangely awesome day! Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment