Monday, August 9, 2010

Centro Cultural Ricon Criollo

Roar! Today I decided to make one last trip up to the Bronx to do the last Key to the City stop I had there. I needed to visit the Centro Cultural Ricon Criollo which is a Puerto Rican cultural center and community garden. Sounds neat!
Here I am outside of the gate for the garden my key opens! It a pretty little patch with a bunch of great looking plants inside. Let's open it up!
Woah! Check out this scarecrow! I am sure am glad they didn't have a scare-rex in here! That would have been terrifying! Roar!
This garden is pretty nice! Look how beautiful these chilis are that are coming in! I tried eating one and they were so hot I ended up breathing fire! Then everyone who saw me eat the chili thought I was a dragon! It was really funny because everyone knows dragons aren't real! Roar!
The guys at the community garden were really cool! They were all so proud to have their garden as part of the project and they spent a lot of time showing me the plants they were growing and everything they had done to make the garden as nice as it is! They had done some cool stuff like turn old broken drums into planters and even went so far as to trellis a grapevine over most of the back of the garden. It was so nice and shady, plus the grapes were delicious! Roar!

If you're up in the area be sure to stop by and check out this sweet garden! Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment