Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One Last Great Escape!

Roar! I am so relieved to be back safe and sound in New York City! After things got really crazy at the BETA Spaces Art festival on Sunday I flew into this abstract sculpture that sent me on a expedition into the very heart of the cosmos. It was a lot of fun but I was so scared I would never make it back home. My girlfriend must have been worried sick! Luckily for me today was the 83rd anniversary of Harry Houdini's death (on the Jewish calender, roar) and the New York chapter of the Society of American Magicians held a ceremony at Houdini's grave to commemorate his death and see if he can perform one last great escape and cheat death. I don't think the magicians were expecting a T-Rex to appear in place of Harry Houdini!

Here is the grave of Harry Houdini at Machpelah Cemetery in Queens.

Here is the Society of American Magicians breaking the ceremonial wand in memory of Harry Houndini. I don't think any of them were expecting what happened next!

WOAH, I'm back! ROAR! After they broke the wand I appeared behind them on the Houdini family headstone. Those guys were so surprised to see a T-Rex. It sure was some trick!

After the ceremony everyone pitched in to help clean up the Houdini family plot.

I guess the Society of American Magicians has been having some trouble with the cemetery. It sure was nice of David Copperfield to pitch in and pay for the maintenance.

David Copperfield even owns this bench at the Houdini family plot. I hope it doesn't disappear while I'm sitting on it!

I never knew Houdini was the president of the Society of American Magicians. No wonder they hold this ceremony for him every year.

Here I am leaving Harry Houdini's Grave and the Society of American Magicians. I am so grateful to be back on Earth. Rocking around in space was fun and all but in space no one can hear you roar. Thanks Magicians, it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment