Thursday, March 24, 2011

SUPERMOON MAGIC!

Roar! This past weekend there was an event called the SUPERMOON! A supermoon is when there is a full moon while the moon is at its perigee, or point closest to Earth. It's proper name is perigee-syzygy but SUPERMOON just sounds so much cooler! Roar!
Here I am up on my roof taking a look at the supermoon! Wow! What a moon! It's making me remember the trip I took there back in the fall...

Photobucket
Oh my Ms. Rabbit! What are you doing here! She told me that since the Moon is so close this is one of the few times she can take a trip down to Earth! Talk about a pleasant surprise! Roar!
Ms. Rabbit had never been to NYC before. When she saw the view from my roof she immediately wanted to go out and see all the sights! I guess it's time to be... TOUR GUIDE- REX! Roar!
We headed over to Times Square so Ms. Rabbit could see what all the bright lights were about. I don't come here to often but I guess it's fun to do touristy things once in awhile! Here we are in front of the big Coke Zero sign. It sure is making me thirsty! Roar!
Ms. Rabbit and I were thinking about getting a bite to eat so I asked her if she wanted to get some lite Martian fare over at Mars 2112. She told me she likes Martian food but for some reason its always so much heavier here on Earth. That and everyone she'd ever met from Mars was a real jerk who was clearly in need of a mom! We decided to pass on the Martian food and headed over to the Carnegie Deli instead!
Later in the night we passed by the big Toy R' Us! Ms. Rabbit said she wanted to go inside and check it out. I was reluctant and told that for some reason the idea of stepping inside there just makes me uncomfortable... She didn't ask questions and we continued on our way. Roar!

After that we headed back to my apartment in Bushwick. Ms. Rabbit thanked me for showing here around the Times Square and told me she had a lovely time! Unfortunately she needed to head back to the Moon while it was still at its perigee. I told her she should come visit as often as she can and that I would try to find a way to come visit her on the Moon sometime soon. And at the very least, I'd call. Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment