Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On the job hunt! Roar!

Roar! Being a dinosaur in New York City is no easy task! Plus try being an artist on top of that, it's almost impossible to make a living! Needless to say I've been looking for a new line of work for sometime and today was the day I finally sat down to apply for a new job!
Roar! While surfing the internet earlier this afternoon I came across this ad on Gothamist.com. Let's see what it says!
The ad said they were looking for a new junior-level editor to write about NYC! Since I already do this in my spare time it would be awesome to get paid for it! They also said they were looking for someone with 3-5 years blogging experience. Even though I've only been keeping this blog for one and half years I've been exploring and writing about New York for much longer than that! Roar!

Below is a transcript of my cover letter! I wonder if Gothamist will like it? Roar! 

Roar!

Dear Gothamist,

I am applying for the new position of Junior Editor! There are several reasons I feel I would be a great fit for the Gothamist Staff and have outlined them below:

-I’ve been living in and writing about New York City since it was known as New Amsterdam!
-I love this city and about a year and a half ago I started a blog about my exploits throughout NYC which has met with moderate success!  You can see I'm not afraid to get my claws dirty!
-I  ride a bicycle as my primary means of transportation and feel my views are in line with Gothamist's stance on cycling in New York City!
-I live in the neighborhood of Bushwick, a neighborhood Gothamist seems to be infatuated with!
-Though I don't normally end my blog posts with questions designed to incite comments, I feel I can evolve my style to match that of Gothamist's! What do you think?

Those are the main reasons I feel I would make an excellent addition to the Gothamist Staff! As a dinosaur living in NYC I would also offer a unique perspective on things that would coexist nicely with the other viewpoints on Gothaminst!  I hope you'll take this into consideration when choosing someone to fill the position. Plus wouldn't it be cool to work with a T-Rex? Roar!

Sincerely,

T-Rex


I wonder If I'll get the job? I hope Gothamist is an equal opportunity employer! I don't want to be the victim of Dino-Profiling! You'd be surprised how many people are reluctant to hire a dinosaur! Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment