Saturday, February 6, 2010

Empire in Mind!

Roar! Today was such a cool day! At La Poisson Rouge there was a free show where a group of German electronic musicians were performing a live score to Andy Warhol's Empire. The musicians included Jan Jelinek, Hanno Leichtmann and Andrew Pekler. They all played together as a group and what resulted was a truly unique score for the movie.  
Here I am at La Poisson Rouge. Why is it always so dark in clubs? I could barely see my claws in front of my face!
The musicians are all hunkered down in darkness over their various synthesizers and drums and pedals. It was so neat to watch them create such cool music! Roar!
A scene from Any Warhol's Empire.
After the show I was feeling really inspired so I went outside in the cold to look at the Empire State Building in person. I think maybe it's time for a sequel! Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment