Monday, February 8, 2010

Double, double T-Rex and trouble!

Roar! Last night was a disappointing evening. I went to this D.I.Y. performance of Macbeth that was taking place in my neighborhood of Bushwick. It seemed like a really cool idea, people would show up, scripts would be passed out, and everyone would just go for it. Unfortunately, once everyone got there the people in charge decided there needed to be a meeting, and lights needed to be hung, and scenery set up. Suddenly this make-shift, D.I.Y. performance of Macbeth had turned into a serious production!
Oh, what could have been! Here I am playing one of the witches in Macbeth. If only I could have brewed a spell to make the play start faster! Maybe the play really is cursed?! Roar!
The ad for the play said there would be snacks but all they had were these Black Licorice Scottie Dogs. I better hide a few in my hat just in case! Oh no, where did my hat go?!
Here I am just sitting around waiting for the the play to start. I ended up being there for more than two hours and the play was nowhere close to starting. I think everyone forgot just how long a play Macbeth actually is. I decided to call it a night and head home. I don't know if the play ever actually happened but I think if Shakespeare had been there to see what they tried to do with this production he might say that, "They had no spur, to prick the sides of their intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself and falls on the other." Roar...


No comments:

Post a Comment