Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day Art Adventure!

ROAR! Today I rode up to the PS1 MoMA gallery in Queens. It's really cool. The museum has lots of local artists on display and it's suggested donation unlike the MoMA in Manhattan. The PS1 is in a big old schoolhouse and it's really fun to wander around all the rooms. Unfortunately they were setting up new exhibits so there were only a few things to see.

They had this crazy indoor pool where you could see people hanging out below under the water. It was a neat trick! Here I am getting ready to go for a dip.

Now I am floating around under the water! Everybody was so surprised to see a T-Rex swimming around them.

Here I am hanging out on the railing. Sometimes it's cool to just chill under the water and take it all in.

Woah! Somebody lost a dollar in the pool! I tried to chase it down but it wasn't easy. T-Rex's aren't really made for swimming you know!

One other interesting exhibit in the museum was this room whose floor was completely covered in old records. It was really interesting to walk around and look at all the great music I was stomping on! Crush! Take that Bee Gees! Smash! Woah! Look out Bach, it's a T-Rex!

Next I headed over to the Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria Queens. It another cool little place where they showcase lots of student sculpture work. Here I am standing on top of a crushed car. Haha, silly art student, he had to use a machine to crush this! I could have done it all by myself! ROAR!

Check out this giant sculpture of a bisected whale! It looks so yummy! I wish I could eat it. Cool art though. Reminds me of that whale that beached itself over in Oregon decades ago. That sure was a disaster! Go look it up. Roar!

Check it out I found the missing I and U lines! I think this is a pretty great art piece but I think maybe the artist should have included the "O" line in there between the "I" and the "U" if they're trying to make some sort of comment about the MTA.

2 comments:

  1. omg, this is hilarious!!!
    did you REALLY dive into the pool or is this a photoshop?? either way is fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not photoshop. I think the installation is still at the PS1 MoMA in Queens. The museum is suggested donation so you should definitely go check it out if you get the chance. Roar!

    ReplyDelete