Tuesday, March 16, 2010

T-Rex is on the... PIZZA PATROL!

Roar! Today was such a nice day out, I had just had to get outside. I thought it would be the perfect day to take the trip out to Staten Island I'd been planning and try the worlds best pizza! I decided I'd take my time getting there so I headed out my door to cross Brooklyn on my way to the Staten Island ferry.

My first stop was in Fort Greene park. Here I am in front of the Prison Ship Memorial on top of the hill. This memorial was erected in memory of all those who died on the British prison ships during the revolutionary war. They open the catacombs during Open NYC. Maybe I'll come check it out next year.

Next, I headed through downtown Brooklyn and over the Brooklyn Bridge into lower Manhattan. Woah! What's that crazy lady doing climbing on that lamp pole. She should be careful! Roar!

I met this huge Panda down in Battery Park! I wonder if Bao Bao knows this guy?

I can't wait for spring to get here! There were all these lovely crocus's blooming in the park. Look how pretty they are!

I found this super sweet shark hat in the park! Watch out! Here comes the DINO-SHARK! Roar!

Here I am on the Staten Island Ferry. It's a great way to see the Statue of Liberty. There she is waving her torch to me as I head for the best pizza in the world. I think she wants me to bring her back a slice. 

Woah! It turns out Staten Island has its own subway line! I had no idea, I was thought I was going to have to take a bus. Roar!

Here I am riding the Staten Island railroad. It turns out this is where the MTA sends all the old subway cars to run. Why am I not surprised? 

Finally, I've made it to Goodfella's Pizzeria! I can't wait to have a slice!

Wait, why have a slice when I can have a whole pie! I got the Goodfella's special. It has red peppers, onions, roasted garlic, and sausage. It was amazing! The man who runs Goodfella's is also really nice. He told me they are going to be opening a new location in Manhattan soon so next time I won't have to make the trip out to have amazing pizza. Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment