Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mixtapes and Pumpkins!

Roar! I've been working on a couple of fun pieces of art to leave around my neighborhood! The first piece is some seasonal street art where I painted up some pumpkins with my tag! The second thing piece is I made a bunch of thematic mixtapes which I left at a few different venues in the area!
Here are some of the pumpkins I left around. The first one is in the new coffee shop 3 Angels by the Park in Bushwick, and the second one is in Beacons Clsoet over in Williamsburg.
I left three of the Mixtapes I made in the Loom general store on Flushing.


Roar! Can a mix tape fully encapsulate a moment? I made this tape after watching a sunset on the Hill of Graves at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. In it I explore all the ideas and feelings that were present during that one moment in time! It's like an aural painting!


Roar! Globalization is a concept that's been around for as long as there has been a globe! Even back in the days of Pangea ideas traveled from the East to the West and vice versa. A major example of this during human times was the Silk Road! Follow it from Europe to China with this mix tape!


Roar! Here is a mix tape that is two mix tapes in one! The mixes were made about the abstract concepts of what it means to be left and right and each mix plays in its own channel. It's also a pop exploration of the duelling hemispheres of the brain! I wonder which side will win?!
Next, I left 3 more tapes in Market Hotel for the people there to enjoy!


Roar! This mix tape was made with my friend Hippo using some crazy Surrealist Collage Techniques! Let me tell you, the surrealists sure knew how to have fun! I once went to a clock melting party in Spain and this was exactly the type of music they were listening to there!


Roar! Do you often take the Subway? I don't like to because I think the underground is scary! But there was a human who wasn't scared of the underground! He even willingly went there to find his wife! I wonder if he took Duke Ellington's advice? Here is a mix tape about it!


Roar! What if we traveled through time? What if there was a flood? What if that flood happened in time? Here is a mix tape I made about folklore, history, time travel, and cyberpunk culture! I'm not sure if it makes complete sense but it certainly is fun to listen to!
I left my last three tapes over at Silent Barn. It sure was dark in there! Roar!


Roar! When you've been around as long as I have it's easy to think the universe will go on forever! While I don't believe anything is forever, sometimes it's fun to think about the concept! Please enjoy listening to this mix tape about Infinity for a finite amout of time!
  
 
Roar! Laozi sure said a lot of wild things! But when you're an immortal I guess it's ok to do that! I remember what it was like to go drinking with him back in the day, he sure liked to hit the baijiu pretty hard! This is a mix tape about journeys!

 
Roar! What is the nature of existence? What is the nature of permanence? If I were a Buddhist these are the types of questions I would try to answer with this mix tape! Instead, all I could do was wonder whether a leaf and a mushroom are aware of each other! It is the most important question of the age!

I hope everyone had a fun time listening to all these different mixtapes! I had a lot of fun making them with my friends and thought they would make for some fun discoveries! Roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment