Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gingko NUTS!

ROAR! While I was out riding my bike the other day I came across a gingko tree in my neighborhood. Gingko trees have been around for millions of years. The fruit smells like rancid butter but the nuts are delicious! They're a snack I've been enjoying for over 65 million years.

Here you can see the Gingko tree by the side of the road on Morgan Street. It's pretty big, I'm not sure how I missed it so many times.

Here you can see the gingko fruit on the ground. I had to free the nuts from the smelly fruit in order to cook them. My claws smelled like Dino-vomit. GROSS!

Here I am enjoying some of the nuts. After freeing the gingko nuts from their stinky shells. I roasted them in the oven and salted them. Now that's what I call a tasty snack! YUM!

2 comments: