Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Pants? No problem at the 10th Annual "No Pants Subway Ride!"

Roar! This past Sunday was the 10th annual No Pants Subway Ride flash mob organized by Imrov Everywhere. The No Pants Subway Ride is exactly what it sounds like, a subway ride where you don't where any pants. Since I don't normally wear pants and I hadn't participated in any of the previous rides, I decided this should be the year to finally check it out!
There were meet up points all around the city and one of them was in my own neighborhood of Bushwick over at Maria Hernandez park! Here everyone is gathered around while a representative from Improv Everywhere explains all the important rules of the No Pants Subway Ride. Apparently they take riding the subway with no pants on very seriously! One of the rules was "no photos" so a friend of mine volunteered to take them while pretending to play Angry Birds on her Iphone! Roar!
Here I am waiting on the platform for the train to come. It sure was a chilly day out! I hope I don't catch a cold with no pants on! Roar!
Here I am sitting in the subway car. I was lucky to get a seat since it ended up being such a crowded car!
One of the rules to the No Pants Subway Ride was "no fancy underwear." I don't think many people followed it because to me it looked like most people showed up in their finest Sunday underwear! It made me a little embarrassed for only wearing my whites! Here's someone who really likes the Jets! They even has matching socks! Roar!
And this person clearly loves Spider-Man! I wonder if they've seen the new musical?! Roar!
Woah! Things got a little strange when we got to Union Square! Cookie monster was there and, not only was he not wearing pants, he was playing a xylophone! What a crazy day!
Once everyone got to Union Square it turned into one big no pants party! I think this guy might be a little confused though, it was no pants party not a no shirt party! Roar!
The No Pants Subway Ride gets a ton of press coverage! Patrick Stewart was even there dressed as Dixon Hill from Star Trek TNG! I guess he must love not wearing pants! Roar!

Over all the No Pants Subway Ride was pretty fun, despite how seriously the organizers of it seem to take it. I guess it's just hard to deny the simple pleasure in taking your pants off! Wait maybe that didn't come out right! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment