Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Creative Time to Me!

Roar! Today I finally received my prize from Creative Time for visiting all of the Key to the City locations back during the summer! In case you missed it Key to the City was this great public art project by Paul Ramirez Jonas where during the summer any one could go get a Key to New York City from a kiosk in Times Square and it would let them into 24 different locations spread through out all five boroughs of NYC! It was a whole lot of fun and if a person visited all 24 locations Creative Time would send them a special prize! Now I can finally see what it is!
Inside the package I received was a note from Creative Time and an official Creative Time book! Neat!
This is a pretty excellent letter! I think I'll get it framed to remind me of all the fun I had during the summer exploring NYC and earning sweet prizes! Roar!
The Creative Time book was really neat! Here is a picture of me holding the softcover edition of the book which has a picture on it of someone holding the hardcover edition of the book! Crazy!
Turns out the Creative Time book has more than just a sweet cover! It details the history of Creative Time as an organization for its first 33 years. Apparently there are a bunch of public art projects in the city I have experienced over the years that I never knew Creative Time was responsible for! I'm really going to enjoy this book and I can't wait to see what new art projects Creative Time will come up! Hopefully a Key to the City 2 is on the way! After all sequels are all the rage these days! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment